Where to find us
Volunteer to help
Literacy Initiative slide show
Demostración de diapositivos sobre la iniciativa de alfabetización
- Provide to our community free, goal oriented instruction for adult students in reading, writing and speaking English;
- Provide training and support to volunteers to facilitate their delivery of services to our students;
- Provide effective literacy programs by using all resources available.
...Volunteers from all walks of life.WHAT?
...Have a commitment to help adults improve their Reading or English Skills.WHEN?
...At the convenience of the tutor and learner.WHERE?
...At a library, or other public area.WHY?
...Because we believe that improving literacy skills improves our society.
Your Donation Supports our Programs
- We accept donations for memorials, honoring anniversaries and birthdays, and other occasions.
- Please send a tax deductible check made out to Literacy Volunteers of Rockland County, with your name and address and the name and address of the person you would like us
to notify of this donation. Please mail it to us at:
220 N. Main Street, New City, NY 10956.